I have been reading blogs a lot longer than I have been writing one (not including the blog I had in college…. AGES ago!), and one thing I have noticed is these awards that get passed along from blogger to blogger. Sometimes the award sets out to recognize a blogger for some specific attribute, while others seem focused on creating blog-awareness. This week I had the opportunity to experience this firsthand, as I was “nominated” for the Liebster Award, by Fay over at fayness. Thanks, Fay!
This is what the Liebster is all about: The Liebster Award provides a fun and easy way to get to know other new bloggers (with fewer than 200 followers). You then must also nominate 10 other blogs. What a warm welcome into the blogging community, this is a great way to meet new bloggers like yourself as well as get people to learn about you.
The Liebster Award Rules:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
- You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Simple, right? So here we go… Here are the questions I was asked:
1. No.1 place you would like to visit? I have also wanted to visit Greece!
2. Program or series you could watch every day on repeat? Bones. I actually do watch several episodes a day with the elderly woman I care for.
3. Three people (dead or alive) you would love to have over for dinner? I would love to have the chance to have dinner with my maternal Grandfather, who died when I was in college; my paternal Grandfather, who died when I was infant; and my husband’s paternal Grandfather, who died before I ever met my husband. By all account, all three men were fascinating characters, and I wish I could have known them (or in my maternal Grandfather’s case, known him better).
4. Favourite season of the year and why? Fall! I LOVE Fall! I love the weather– chilly, but not freezing. I love the clothes, the food (pumpkin bread, apple cider, hot soups, and sweet pies). I love the holidays (Halloween! Thanksgiving!). And I love how beautiful it is… the whole world painted red and orange and golden yellows.
5. Song that reminds you of your childhood? The song, “Sisters” from the movie White Christmas.
6. Favourite chick flick (or just any movie) of all time? Pride and Prejudice (the BBC Mini-Series). When I was single I used to watch in on nearly a weekly basis. I still swoon when I watch Collin Firth as Mr. Darcy gazing at Lizzie (Jennifer Elle) with such intense emotion!
7. Who has been the most influential person in your life? I guess I would have to say my mother. Not always in a good way, but she has definitely impacted the way that I think about things, approach things, and even the way I make decisions and think about other people.
8. How do you order your coffee? Small, decaf with cream.
9. What is your best asset? I am going to have to go with my ability to empathize with others and see many angles on a situations.
10. If you could only have one last meal, what would it be? Biscuits and gravy with sausage patties and good, strong coffee with cream. And since it is my last meal, let’s make the cream heavy whipping cream, and finish the whole thing off with a piece of cake from the place that did my wedding.
Blogs I am Nominating:
I forgot to add questions! Sorry, guys… Go ahead and answer the same ones listed above, and add this to it: What difference do you hope to see on your life in the next year?